Looking for a job? Scroll down for the latest postings.
Criminal Background Check required for initial Ohio license and Ohio license restoration applications.
Employers want to post a job?
OAPA offers regular text ads and graphic banner ads that will be displayed on our Career Center section of the website.
|Regular Text Ad
||$50 for 1 Month|
|Small Graphic Ad
(225 x 200 max pixels)
|$100 for 3 Months|
All submitted job listings will be posted for the entire paid duration unless OAPA is notified by the employer that the position has been filled.
All graphics must be supplied in .JPG or .PNG format within the specified max pixel dimensions above.
Current Job Listings
Director of Didactic Education, Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies
Ashland University, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Didactic Education (DDE) in the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program in Mansfield, Ohio. The DDE leads the implementation, assessment, and oversight of the didactic year curriculum and provides leadership for the didactic principal and instructional faculty, support staff, and students. Reporting to the Program Director of PA Studies/Department of Medical Sciences Chair, the DDE is responsible for ensuring that the didactic phase of the program guarantees the PA students’ readiness to enter the supervised clinical practice experiences, leads students through their didactic educational experience, coordinates didactic principal and instructional faculty, and supports ARC-PA compliance and self-study related to the didactic curriculum.
• Support the mission of Ashland University and Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
• Support Ashland University’s philosophy of Accent on the Individual.
• Support and participate in the annual review of the mission statement of the PA Program.
• Oversee the implementation of the didactic curriculum to ensure that the program fulfills the instructional needs during the didactic year and ensure course syllabi maintains compliance with the standards of ARC-PA.
• Administrative oversight of the didactic year including determining the weekly course schedule and maximizing staff effectiveness in supporting faculty and students.
• Coordinate and develop instructional faculty, adjuncts, and guest lecturers.
• Support the ongoing didactic year self-assessment, analysis, and accreditation process for courses, instructional faculty, and program curriculum.
• Assist with the development of tools to assess the effectiveness of the didactic curriculum.
• Implement and monitor the plan for evaluation of student didactic year performance.
• Maintain didactic year sections of the student handbook.
• Provide academic instruction and advising to students.
• Provide remedial instruction to didactic year students.
• Conduct clinical site visits to support the maintenance of supervised clinical practice experiences for students.
• Chair and/or participate as a member of PA program committees as assigned by the PA Program Director.
• Participate in state and national PA organizations as necessary to promote the program and the profession.
• Represent the PA program through service on committees at the university level as required.
• Participate in the admissions process including student recruitment and selection.
• Participate in professional development activities outside of Ashland University’s PA program in areas of clinical practice, scholarly activities, or advancement of educational degree as agreed upon by the Program Director and provide an annual report of such activities to the Program Director.
• Master's degree or higher.
• Current NCCPA certification.
• Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience as a PA.
• Teaching and/or administrative experience in a PA education program, medical school, or other healthcare-related field.
• Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
• Ability to build relationships with clinical partners.
• Active service or leadership at the local, regional, or national level.
Founded in 1878, Ashland University continues to have a rich tradition as a private, comprehensive institution preparing students for exciting professions and careers. The University consists of four academic colleges -- College of Arts & Sciences, Dauch College of Business & Economics, Schar College of Education, and Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences -- as well as the Graduate, Online, and Adult Studies, the Founders School for Continuing Education, and Ashland Theological Seminary. Ashland University places great emphasis on the importance of each individual. The phrase “Accent on the Individual” has been the University’s motto for many years, characterizing the nature and content of the campus environment. Concern for the student extends beyond ensuring a quality education in the classroom and laboratory to include a commitment to provide a stimulating and supportive environment in every respect. Translating the ideas of the Mission Statement into the realities of everyday life is the responsibility of each Ashland University employee.
Dwight Schar College of Nursing & Health Sciences:
The College of Nursing & Health Sciences educates individuals to become health professionals committed to practice, leadership, and service. The College’s guiding values are integrity, caring, accountability, respect, and excellence. Located in Mansfield, Ohio, the College offers programs in Athletic Training, Dietetics, Exercise Science, Physician Assistant Studies, and Nursing.
Physician Assistant Program:
Ashland University's Physician Assistant program is housed in a state of the art facility, offering our students hands-on simulation and clinical skills training throughout the didactic year of their educational experience. The mission of the PA program is to educate physician assistants based on a foundation of evidence-based medicine, to competently practice patient-centered care, exercise cultural humility, and cultivate a team approach. Graduates will be prepared for the changing landscape of medicine to serve individuals locally, nationally, and globally. Physician assistants will be taught in accordance with the Dwight Schar College Nursing and Health Science’s guiding values: integrity, caring, accountability, respect, and excellence (ICARE), interprofessional collaboration, and lifelong learning.
The Ashland and Mansfield, OH communities:
Just an hour from both Columbus and Cleveland, both Ashland and Mansfield combine world class culture with small town charm. Fine dining, boutiques, live music, and breweries can all be enjoyed in Ashland's picturesque downtown. Greater Ashland features an abundance of green spaces for hiking, fishing, and other outdoor adventures. The city's cultural offerings include the Ashland Symphony Orchestra, the Guy C. Meyers Memorial bandshell, and BalloonFest, Ashland's annual hot air balloon festival. Mansfield is the largest city in the Mid-Ohio region of the state, the north-central region. Anchored by the Richland Carousel District, historic downtown Mansfield is home to fine dining, shopping boutiques, and arts venues from the Brickyard (outdoor amphitheater) to the Renaissance Performing Arts Association where one can see live theater, classical music, lectures, and family events. Beyond downtown, Mansfield has various parks and green spaces, several public golf courses, a ski resort, and an 18-mile hiking and biking trail on the former B&O railroad.
Applications and Nominations:
All correspondence relating to the position of Director of Didactic Education for the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program at Ashland University, should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive search consultant:
Danan Tsan, Assistant Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application must contain the following information:
1) A cover letter addressing the required qualifications for this position;
2) A curriculum vitae;
3) The names and contact information of three references.
Applications submitted by January 7, 2022, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.
Surgical Physician Assistant
Join a growing orthopedic practice central to several large cities, but with a small-town feel! Use your surgical skills in the OR and be able to follow the patients' recovery process in the office at Specialty Orthopaedics!
Specialty Orthopaedics is a large, active practice located in Hermitage, PA, approximately 70 miles from Pittsburgh and Erie, PA and Cleveland and Akron, OH. Hermitage is a medium sized city with a lower cost of living, moderate traffic, and low crime rates. We are located near several hospitals and numerous universities and colleges. Within a seven-hour drive of Hermitage are Chicago, New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, DC, as well as Toronto, Canada.
We are looking for a Physician Assistant to work in our orthopedic practice, which primarily focuses on joint replacement surgery, hand surgery and general orthopedics. Work time will be divided between office hours at our busy practice and surgical assisting at four local hospitals. Located in our clinic is also a physical and occupational hand therapy center with all the latest equipment.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including 401k with safe harbor contributions and paid PTO/CME.
Contact Person: Mike Jacobs